Hello everyone (:
Since last Friday we have the following problem in our shop: When purchasing a subscription products (Recharge) and after logging into PayPal, that Checkout starts an endless loop when the customer actually wants to proceed with the purchase. Some background info:
* This loop ONLY occurs for subscription products, which is why I thought it must be connected to Recharge.
* We did the Recharge Checkout Integration on the 22nd of August
* On the 30th we still got new subscriptions in via PayPal Express
* Multiple customers over all kinds of devices have complained about this issue and we can also replicate it.
* I've been in contact with Recharge, Shopify Plus, different external developers and they are all not able to give me an indication of the cause of the problem.
Unfortunately I can't upload a screen recording so here roughly what happens before the loop:
1. I put a subscription product (it only occurs for subscription products) into my card
2. I add my address and proceed with PayPal Express.
3. I log into PayPal, it connects, I am back at Payment-Page of the checkout were I click "Check the purchase" and then "Buy now"
4. After clicking "Buy now" I get redirected to "Check the purchase" and so on... this is the loop, so I never get to actually purchase the product.
If anyone knows this issue, had it before, I am happy about any input or insights. This problem might be more related to Shopify and PayPal,but maybe someone is experiencing the same issue with their shop.
Best answer by CharlotteView original