Question

How do you edit the number of months a customer can skip?

• 21 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We are using the skips and changing frequency in the customer portal and are wanting to limit the number on months that a person can skip to 2 months. We have an increase usage of skips and want to limit as some are skipping 6-9 months.

How is this done?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Debbi !

Limiting the number of skips isn't an option we offer out of the box at this time, but it might be possible to set up a custom skip logic using our API and the Theme Engine to build a custom customer portal. Are you on Theme Engine or have you built your own custom portal using our API?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Debbi , hope you’re well! Wanted to double check with you on this question - let me know if there’s anything I can do!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We are using the Novum theme.  Is there anyone that you could recommend? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Debbi Thank you for letting me know which theme you’re using. After speaking with a few of our developers, it’s been made clear that this would be a custom code workaround, as limiting the number of skips is not an out of the box solution (To limit how many times a customer skips a subscription, you need to have something that allows you to keep track of how many times a customer has skipped a subscription and know if you want to allow further skips) One option you have is:

1. Custom Code - If you are able to, you can add custom code to hide/remove the built in skip button and create your own that offers a date picker rather than a ‘skip’ option - this enables the customer to choose their next charge date. This date picker could only show specific dates (like the next two months, for example) so the customer has to pick something within your preferred time range. This then sends the request to change the next charge date to what is picked by the customer. There is a request for this in Theme Engine here
    1. Note: This approach won’t stop someone from skipping again, unfortunately. If the date picker shows only dates for two months out from the current date the customer could come back a month later and “skip” again.

As this is a unique situation, I definitely would suggest reaching out to Technical Support in order to find a solution. Customizations allow for several different avenues, which Technical Support will have more information on!

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!